Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endontics
The Department of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics was established in 2008. It deals with diagnosis, treatment planning & restoration of teeth to reproduce function & aesthetics. Endodontics deals with root canal treatment, regenerative endodontics & periapical surgeries. We provide quality treatment with modern dental units, a radiographic room, latest instruments and dental materials. The department has qualified & dedicated staff to train the undergraduate and postgraduate students. The faculty has under taken various research projects and contributed to chapters in various textbooks of the speciality. The expertise & clinical experience of staff is excellent.
- 63 phantom heads for Undergraduate & Post Graduate training.
- 34 fully equipped electronic dental chairs for U.G. students.
- Individual cabinets and centrally air conditioned P.G. clinic.
- Seminar room with state of the art LCD screen and T.V. for presentation of seminars,Journal clubs ,case presentations etc.
- The department has all advanced gadgets like digital radiography, dental operating microscope, endosonics, endo motors, LED curing units, latest obturating systems etc.
- Well equipped isolated operatory for micro - enododontic surgical procedures.
- Metal & ceramic casting laboratory.
- Direct & Indirect restorations.
- Root canal therapy & Endodontic microsurgeries.
- Smile designing & Aesthetic corrections.
- Inter-disciplinary approaches for restoration of teeth.
Research and Publications
Research and Publications:
- Research :- 9
- Publications :- 75
“To provide quality treatment with the state of the art equipment and instruments and to provide hi standards of teaching and learning.” We not only Conserve and Preserve the sound tooth structure, but also Restore the form and function of teeth.
- Webinar on “Final Protocols in Modern Endodontics” by Dr. Anish Naware on 21st April 2015.
- CDE programme on “Microscope in Endodontics” by Dr. Anuj Bhardwaj on 11th July 2016.
- Cons-Endo day - IACDE event, on March 7th, 2017.
- Guest lecture on “Professional Negligence and Legal Aspects in Dentistry” by Dr. Prahlad Saraf on 13th November 2017.
- 1st Prize in paper presentation at 17th IACDE-IES P.G. Convention - Dr. Saquib Mulla.
- 1st Prize in paper presentation at 17th IACDE-IES P.G. Convention - Dr. Ketaki Jawale.
- 1st Prize at 17th IACDE-IES p.g. Convention - Smile me contest - Dr. Ketaki Jawale.
- 1st Prize for scientific presentation at 18th IACDE-IES P.G. Convention and APEC - Dr. Nishita Kulkarni.
- 1st Prize for scientific presentation at 18th IACDE-IES P.G. Convention and APEC - Dr. Deepali Deshpande.
- Appreciation Citation for advising and reviewing the content for QUINTESSENCE INTERNATIONAL - India Section as an editorial board member - Dr.Sharad Kamat.
- Certificate of Appreciation towards the growth of Indian endodontic society - Dr. Sharad Kamat.
- Best Paper award at 32nd IACDE and 25th IES National conference - Dr. Divya Gupta.
- Best Poster award at 32nd IACDE and 25th IES National conference - Dr. Sneha Shitole.
|Dr. Sharad Kamat |
Professor and Head of Department
|Dr. Santosh Hugar |
|Dr. Girish Nanjannawar |
|Dr. Pranav Patil |
|Dr. Rutuja Chopade |
|Dr. Prajakta Patil |
|Dr. Shweta Sagare |
|Dr. Prasad Ingale |
|Dr. Anagha Shete |
"It is a wonderful institution and has been a great experience which shaped my personality."
"I am fortunate enough to have the best of facilities, materials and teachers of such immense calibre available."
"I am a proud alumnus of Dental College and Hospital, Sangli which has abundant clinical material and excellent infrastructure."
"Truly an amazing learning experience for me to treat a variety of patients using state of the art equipments and gadgets under the guidance and tutelage of the departmental faculty."