Department of Pedodontics
By being an age-specific specialty, our pediatric dentistry department encompasses disciplines such as behaviour guidance, care of the medically and developmentally compromised and disabled patient, supervision of orofacial growth and development, caries prevention, sedation or oral rehabilitation under general anaesthesia, and hospital dentistry modified and adapted to the special needs of infants, children, adolescents, and those with special health care needs. These skills are taught to students for applications considering needs of children throughout their ever-changing stages of development and for treating conditions and diseases unique to growing individuals.
The postgraduate P.G. section provides an adequate space to have exclusive cubicles for the clinical work. This curriculum of an undergraduate & postgraduate program provides the student with necessary didactic background and clinical experiences to provide comprehensive primary oral health care and the services of a specialist. We provide oral care, conduct research, teach in a variety of clinical and institutional settings, and public health. Our well-equipped laboratories along with advanced equipment comprising of 2 RVG units, conscious sedation unit, intra-oral camera, pressure moulding machine, hydrosolder, spot welding machine, rubber dam kit, pulp tester, Stainless Steel, polycarbonate, strip crown kit, rotary endomotor, obtura and magnifying loupes, apex locators for precise comprehensive quality dental care.
- A fully developed U.G. and P.G. section with 32 fully electronic dental chairs
- A separate sterilization room, distinct isolation room, conscious sedation room.
- A spacious play-area for the children.
- Well-equipped laboratories, separately furnished for the U.G. and P.G. students
- Independent, customised clinical compartments for all the P.G. students.
- Well-equipped departmental library with total of 147 titles of books.
- Advanced equipment’s comprising of 2 RVG units, conscious sedation unit, intra-oral camera, pressure moulding machine, hydrosolder, spot welding machine, rubber dam kit, pulp tester, Stainless Steel, polycarbonate, strip crown kit, rotary endomotor, obtura and magnifying loupes, apex locators.
- A seminar room for daily case presentations, seminars and journal clubs.
- Preventive oral health care.
- Restorative procedures.
- Endodontic procedures.
- Minor surgical procedures.
- Comprehensive treatment under general anaesthesia for mentally and physically challenged and special children.
- Early orthodontic treatment.
Our motto is: “Compassionate prevention, pursuit of excellence.”
Our mission is to be the dental home for your child and to provide the finest in pediatric dentistry and interceptive orthodontic care with compassion and sensitivity at every patient visit. Dentistry for children is dedicated to ensuring all children a lifetime of health and beautiful smiles.
|Dr. Sachin Gunda |
Professor & Head of Department
|Dr. Anil Patil |
|Dr. Sandhyarani B. |
|Dr. Sridevi Tamagond |
|Dr. Swapnil Metha |
Research and Publications
Research and Publications:
- Ongoing research :- 9
- Total publications :- 74
Events and Achievements
Events and Achievements
- Children’s day and Pedodontist’s Day
- Children’s Day and Pedodontist’s day
- December 2015- P.G. Exchange Programme 1st module
- February 2016 – P.G. Exchange Programme 2nd Module
- 2nd – 5th March -Completely free Dental Check-up for the Visually Impaired
- 8th March Women’s Day- Free Dental Check-up for Welenkar Hostel girls, Sangli
- Free Dental Health Check-up for Kidzee School Children
- Children’s Day and Pedodontist Day celebration with Zilla Parishad school children
- 22nd January- C.D.E. Programme with a hands-on course on Insights of Pediatric Preformed Zirconia Crowns
- Star Pedodontist award- Dr. Anand Shigli
- Best Principal award at IADS Karad- Dr. Anand Shigli
- 1st prize in Paper Presentation at 38th ISPPD National Conference, Kochi – Dr. Shubhani Mehta
- 1st prize in Paper Presentation at 39 ISPPD National Conference, Chennai - Dr. Sangram Sankpal
“B.V.D.U.D.C.H, Sangli has given me my identity in the field of pediatric dentistry. Having blossomed under the sunshine of my teaching staff, I was very lucky to be a part of this one of the best institutes and department with the excellent infrastructure and good patient flow. I owe everything to my department and college.”
“Sangli was my home away from the home. The Pedodontics department of B.V.D.U Sangli was the most beautiful blessing of my PG life. It was such a wonderful experience for me that I didn’t even realize when my three years got over”
“Whatever I am today, the whole and sole credit goes to the pediatric department of B.V.D.U. Sangli. It helped me to conquer my dream of becoming a confident clinician. It was an awesome learning experience throughout my P.G. life.”
“I’m blessed to be a part of this wonderful department of pedodontics. It is a winning combination of highly educated and talented teaching staff, excellent infrastructure, latest equipments and technologies and good patient flow. I consider myself very lucky to get such a platform in my P.G Life.”