Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
About usWe are the only dental branch which has medical connection. We have larger treatment area from extraction of teeth to craniofacial surgeries. We have postgraduate section also. The department is equipped with 45 Dental chairs and other equipment. Our branch is specialised in dealing and eradicating the root cause of diseases staring from normal to surgical removal of tooth to performing various challenging surgeries of head and neck region whether it be pre prosthetic surgery or treating fractures of head and neck, oncology, orthognathics to cosmetics of head and neck etc. The Dental museum displays, posters and models meant for dental health awareness and education of general public.
- We have 28 electronic Chairs for UG.
- For PG students there are separate clinical compartments.
- Well organised, well equipped sterilization rooms.
- Well educated and trained sisters and brother.
- Department supports the research activities to UG, PG students and faculty members.
- Treatment of Extractions of teeth having poor prognosis.
- Managements of maxillofacial injuries
- Correction of Temporomandibular joint deformity and related disorder
- Preprosthetic surgeries
- Dentoalveolar surgeries like management oforofacial and neck infections
- Orthognathic surgeries for corrections of dentofacial deformities
- Implant surgeries
- Managements of salivary gland disorders
- Managements of cleft Lip and palate
Publications:Total No. of papers published :- 48
|Dr.Vivek Gurjar |
Professor & Head of Department
|Dr. Sanjay Byakodi |
|Dr. Channaveer Pattanshetti |
|Dr. Swapnil Shinde |
|Dr. Barun Kumar |
|Dr. Sharmila Joshi |
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Day 13 Feb 2018
- Dr JuhiPuri and Dr Sushant Soni. Winner of quiz competition at Maharashtra State Chapter, AOMSI- 2016
“It is great institution for knowledge and experience. Teachers and all the staff members are highly co-operative and provide warm atmosphere that aids in ease to work.”
“Best teachers to be guided by and work with. Worth every penny in investing for educating from such pronounced institution.”
“It is not just an institution but rather like to say it is world of knowledge and well being. Amazed to be part of such holy institution.”
“Over here every day I spent was filled with more and more knowledge, fun and experience. Like to say thank you Bharati vidyapeeth.”